About Me

My photo
I am a West Virginia University alumni and a Mountaineer for life. After graduation I lived and worked in Baltimore, Maryland for 7 wonderful years. Recently we packed up our lives and moved to Michigan. Follow me on this adventure as I explore Michigan and see what's being made at my house.

Followers

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Vinyasa Flow Playlist

40 Minute Yoga Playlist

Throughout my life I have been an off again, on again yoga lover. I began taking classes with my yogini mother when I was just a little girl, and it has never left me. When I begin to feel stressed or my body feels out of line I know it's time to break out the mat and reunite with my old friend. Recently I decided to work on my practice at home and strengthen my skills in sequencing as well as practice. My routine changes depending on my area of focus and how far I want to challenge myself. But one factor stays the same, my playlist. Through trial and error I have come up with what I consider to be a great 40 minute playlist. This takes you through a warm up, into sun salutations, warrior sequence, balance work, an option of hip opener or wheel sequence and finally ends with savasana.


Vinyasa Flow Playlist:
Awake My Soul: Mumford and Sons
Intro: The xx
Team: Lorde
Pompeii: Bastille
Breath of Life: Florence + The Machine
Glory and Gore: Lorde
Anything Could Happen: Ellie Goulding
Young Blood: Birdy
I'm Not Calling You A Liar: Florence + The Machine
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room: John Mayer

After finally mastering crow pose, I have been working on my inversions, specifically, forearm stands. While I am not where I want to be I will continue to take it one day at a time. For now, I am grateful for the days I can unroll my mat and live in the moment on that 68"x 24" space. I am happy to have found a space where the rest of the world ceases to exist. Have you found yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment